BEST Nintendo Console?

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming' started by FyreeTSG, Jan 25, 2011.

?
  1. NES

14.3%
  2. SNES

42.9%
  3. Nintendo 64

57.1%
  4. Gamecube

57.1%
  5. Wii

28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FyreeTSG

FyreeTSG New Member

BEST NINTENDO CONSOLE?

Is the Nintendo Wii the BEST Nintendo Console?

Vote for WHICH System is your FAVORITE--and Discuss!

Wii's great--but it's not my favorite Nintendo console.

SNES, N64 and Gamecube are probably my faves--I'd say N64 more, cause I remember the COUNTLESS hours I spent playing games like Cruis'n Exotica, Mario Kart 64, and NBA Live 2000

then again SNES had "Allstars" and "SMW"
    and Gamecube still has alot of faves....

2. Friik

Friik Member Junior Member

Super NES so far.
    It had all my favorite games:
    MegaMan X-X2-X3
    Super Metroid
    The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past
    Zombies Ate My Neighbors
    Jungle Strike
    TMNT IV: Turtles In Time

I got this system way late.
    While everyone was on their Gamecubes I was playing this.

GG. (Y)

3. sexycakes14

sexycakes14 Active Member Junior Member

sorry but i'm more of gamecube..

4. Azriel Delacroix

Azriel Delacroix Active Member Junior Member

Personally, I think the Nintendo DSlite as well as the Gameboy Advance SP are the most superior and greatest of all the Nintendo consoles (Hand-Held Consoles are still consoles) due to their reverse compatibility capabilities (Something only the Wii is capable of at this point on the Nintendo home console line). Offering the old while being able to run the new without fault.

This even made their gaming libraries more extensive than their home entertainment counterparts, and they're even portable. Sure they may not have as advanced graphics, but they're more readily accessible than a home system.

Oh GBA SP and DSlite, how I love thee~

5. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member New Member

Gamecube <3
    I loved mine.
    especially Harvest Moon: A Wonderful life <3 best game ever <3

6. Pocketim

Pocketim Active Member Junior Member Let's Play Team

Personally, I agree with Az that Nintendo's handhelds are far superior, and I consider them consoles too.

If I had to choose from HOME consoles though, I'll go with the Gamecube. The NES's game library is good, but there's a lot of shovelware, and I'm not too fond of the system itself. I've never owned a SNES, so I can't fairly judge that, sadly. I love the N64, but once you take away Rareware and Nintendo's games, there really isn't much there. As for the Wii, I'm afraid to say I just never really liked it, due to the motion control being used poorly, and the lack of good games.

The Gamecube, on the other hand, is a fantastic and incredibly under-rated system. It has, in my opinion, some of Nintendo's greatest and most original games, such as Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Metroid Prime, Pikmin, and Wind Waker (which is my favorite 3D Zelda game. Sorry, Ocarina of Time!). The third-party support is really good too, as it has many of the PS2's third party games (Also some superior versions of PS2 games. For example, SoulCalibur II has Link, and Sonic Heroes has a smoother frame-rate on GC), along with it's own, such as Tales of Symphonia (unless you live in Japan, then it's on PS2 as well), Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, and more. The system itself is a tank, too. It can really take a beating, and still work fine (no, I don't know this from experience. Thank Youtube!). The controller is fantastic too, has one of the best analogue sticks on any system, and the fact that in some games the controls react differently depending on how hard you push the shoulder buttons is really unique.

Oh, and it has Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, which instantly earns it a place in my heart.

7. Earl!

Earl! New Member New Member

N64 is the best.