Companies YOU want to see on VC?

Discussion in 'Virtual Console' started by Pocketim, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Pocketim

Pocketim Active Member Junior Member Let's Play Team

With great companies like Nintendo, SEGA, SNK, Capcom, Treasure, Lucasarts and more supporting VC, this opens up a lot of great potential VC releases. But even with all them, a few key companies are missing. Of course, we all know that Rareware would be great on VC, but licensing issues are holding them back, so we'll scratch that one off, due to it being the obvious choice. So are there any other companies you want to see support VC?

Just two for me. Midway and Psygnosis.

Midway is of course a classic arcade game developer, making classics like Rampage and Mortal Kombat. From Midway, I'd like to see Sinistar, Smash TV, and Rampage.

Psygnosis is a more forgotten game company, and made very advanced games on the systems they came out on, with fantastic graphics and sound. They've even be able to make some Genesis games with graphics that would look good on the PSone. Their games were generally more popular in PAL regions. From Psygnosis, I'd like to see Lemmings (although they only published this one), Misadventures of Flink, Puggsy and WipEout 64 (this one was published by Midway, but developed by Psygnosis).

2. FyreeTSG

FyreeTSG New Member

Uh--Midway's been defunct since 2009...

I'd LOVE to see ALOT of classic Arcade games from Midway--but I doubt it...
    Unless Warner Bros(who owns most of "Midway"), or THQ(who owns bits and pieces too) can come to some sort of an agreement.

I'd love some Electronic Arts games, or just more games from QUALITY Developers/Publishers

I'd just want some of EA Sports games--despite, with assorted licenses/likenesses--that'll never happen.

And I'd kill for some of the GREAT Midway arcade games to be released somehow...I just don't think Warner Bros(or WHAT companies that own the rights to Midway's "former" properties) really cares about the "old" games anymore...

I STILL want Arch Rivals(NES or Arcade), and the last 2 "Cruis'n" games from N64

3. Pocketim

Pocketim Active Member Junior Member Let's Play Team

Yea, I knew about Midway being out of the picture, but figured there was still minimal hope with Warner Bros owning what's left.

I can't really think of too many great old games by EA. Although I did love B.O.B. which I played on EA Replay, a retro game collection for PSP.