Hardest Boss You've Faced

Discussion in 'Other Gaming' started by Friik, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Friik

Friik Member Junior Member

What is one of the hardest boss battles you've had on an old school console?
    (NES, SNES, GB, GBC, Sega Consoles, PS1, N64)

Hardest boss battle I've encountered was in an RPG named Legend Of Legaia for the PS1,
    It was a secret boss named Lapis, which you could fight near the end of the game.

It surpassed the difficulty of the game's last boss, compared to him, he was nothing.

Lapis always went first and drained every Magic Point you had,
    all he had to do was attack once and you died, meaning you had to really go prepared to fight em'

I had to carry many Phoenix items to keep reviving my characters over and over.
    I did manage to beat him early on without having to increase my character's levels to 99.
    I don't think even if I was at level 99 the characters would stand a chance,
    he takes away anywhere from 6000 to 7000 HP while your character barely has 5 to 6000 HP.

GG's Lapis.

2. Goku

Goku Member Junior Member

Hardest boss I've faced is that Moth in A Link to the Past. That thing got me frustrated.

3. FyreeTSG

FyreeTSG New Member

there was some TOUGH villians in SMRPG, and LTTP---
    But I still remember facing Bowser in SMB3 and SMW...:G

Bowser was a pain the first time I fought him in SMW

Wart in SMB2's a pain without Game Genie codes

i dunno HOW people can beat him w/ out Infinite Health/Invincibility

4. JamestheFreak

JamestheFreak New Member New Member

Grunty was a hard fight on Banjo Kazooie, she actually gave me trouble.

Crystal King used to be a pain for me in Paper Mario, he's still annoying today.

The Axem Rangers where impossible for me to beat until i was forced to get the Lazy Shells.

5. Friik

Anyone play Street Fighter Alpha 3 on PS1?

M. Bison's Psycho Crusher....

What The Fudge!!!!!!!!!!!
    Total B.S.!!!!!!

6. Pocketim

Pocketim Active Member Junior Member Let's Play Team

Certainly agree there. If the whole fight wasn't so hilarious, it would of frustrated the heck out of me!

I never had much trouble with the Paper Mario bosses. Always seemed like as long as you had enough items, you were okay. Besides, it's kind of hard to get under-leveled in the Paper Mario games. Crystal King WAS annoying, but not really "hard", perse.

One that always stood out to me as hard was Silver Sonic followed by Robotnik's giant mech at the end of Sonic 2. However, when I tried the fight recently, I got through it first try with no trouble! I think its because the fight is so short, so you don't really have to remember too much. After all, Robotnik's mech only had abut 3 different moves, if I remember correctly.

On the topic of Megadrive games though, Dynamite Headdy was a marathon of getting your @$$ handed to you by the MANY bosses in the game. No kidding, there's actually more bosses in the game than normal platforming levels. They start off easy enough, but the difficulty picks up pretty quickly. One boss that always stood out to me as difficult was the "Stair Wars" boss, in which you had to fight your opponent, who could fly, WHILE platforming up a tower. As if having to think about platforming and fighting at the same time wasn't bad enough, you opponent also destroys the tower as you're climbing up it! Sometimes if you're not at the VERY top of the tower, he'll destroy the platform you're on, and you'll fall. Painfully difficult, but it always felt possible. That could be said for the whole of Dynamite Headdy, really =P
    (Fantastic game, if you haven't played it yet, by the way. It's on Virtual Console now too.)

7. JamestheFreak

JamestheFreak New Member New Member

He's not exactly hard but VERY annoying, that third boss you fight in Link to the Past. You know who, that worm who knocks you off the platform making you restart the battle.

8. Friik

I've been playing a lot of Guilty Gear XX on Wii and that last boss I-No is a total B*tch.
    Her moves are insane, she deals out heavy damage with her normal attacks.
    Once she uses her special, it's pretty much over. (unless you dodge quickly)
    She'll definitely keep you on your toes.

First time I played and got to her, I spent nearly 4 hours going at it with her... I gave up that night, got wrecked..

Fail.

(I know this is an old school boss battle's thread, but that boss really cheesed me off, I had to spill it.)

9. JackitK

JackitK New Member New Member

I'm not even that into Zelda and I remember that boss. xD

10. queenzelda

queenzelda Admin: Lady Queen Junior Member

Hardest boss for me to defeat was the end boss in Chrono Trigger: Lavos. Unless you know how to defeat Lavos (after defeating the head part & going through the center section) the 3rd Boss battle leading to the true form of Lavos.. Took me a good week before I figured out how to defeat Lavos & until I figured it out; Lavos would always wail on my team killing every one pretty quickly. :G