NEW "Family Guy" Game Coming This Year

Discussion in 'Gaming News' started by FyreeTSG, Feb 11, 2011.

1. FyreeTSG

FyreeTSG New Member

PETER VS. THE ANGRY CHICKEN

News from Quahog--

Activision is looking for a company to help develop their upcoming, newly licensed "Family Guy" game.

In a move to bounce back from a pair of former series being lost, "Tony Hawk"(which jumped to another company), and "Guitar Hero"(which was given the axe by Activision)--Activision seems to be focusing more on the LARGER, Licensed titles such as the upcoming Spiderman game, and a few other franchises.

Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg said when asked about their Licensed titles, that Activision is in favor of:

--And its pretty obvious that "Family Guy" is one of the most popular TV shows on the air.

But after the 2006 "Family Guy" game, made buy 2K Games and High Voltage--which had moderate success, hopefully Activision will make out alright.

Overall, in the long history of Licensed TV/Movie-based video games, a large number of them have done poorly...

The Early 90's had a slew of them--and the majority of THOSE did well enough to spark a revolution in the Gaming Industry--giving gamers alot of choices for games based off their favorite Movies and TV shows.
    But that gave a green-light to ALOT of companies to start mass-producing alot of Licensed titles for just about ANY TV Show or Movie, leading to alot of bankrupted companies, and alot of implosions in the Gaming Industry (Case-in-Point: Superman 64).

Lets hope that Activision's latest License, "Family Guy", will help Activision bring back the customers who they've lost, due to losing 2 of their former franchises.

Plus any "Family Guy" fan will probably be reserving a copy A.S.A.P.

As to when it's coming out--we'll have to wait.

----FyreeTSG

Source:
    CheatCC.com

2. Friik

Friik Member Junior Member

I honestly don't want a game for Family Guy.
    I've played many games based on shows, movies, (Ghostbusters, The Simpsons Hit and Run)
    the results were terrible.
    I'm thinking the outcome will be the same for a Family Guy game.
    I don't know why it's hard to create a good game, perhaps they should look back to the earlier years (90's, like it says up there) and learn something.

3. JackitK

JackitK New Member New Member

The biggest problem with licensed games fall under two main categories. The first one which most people are aware about is how often developers get rushed by the license owners to release the game in a short period of time so they never get the chance to get it properly done before it gets out the door.

The second less familiar reason is that licensed games often fail is because they're based off something that is too linear like the story of the movie, so gamers don't really get the chance to do more than just walk through a story they already know the ending to.

With this game falling into neither category I'd say it has a fair chance of being a good game. Just make sure they don't rush it and focus on gameplay before characters and it should come out good.

But I'm not really a Family Guy fan so I don't see myself touching this game with a 5 foot pole. That's just me though.

4. Leezy

Leezy New Member New Member

Haha, I think a Family Guy game would be pretty cool. :D I watch Family Guy a fair bit, and it's awesome.

5. SHADOWEDINSHRED

SHADOWEDINSHRED New Member New Member

Oooo... I would love to play a game based on my favorite cartoon!

But yeah, alot of TV/Movie based games barely ever do good.

6. JamestheFreak

JamestheFreak New Member New Member

Its just gonna end up as a bad shovelware game like every other game based off a show or movie. Its gonna come and go real fast.

7. FyreeTSG

FyreeTSG New Member

yeah, but ALOT of games based off of movies are made by "lesser-known" 3rd Party companies.

I have faith that Activision can do "Family Guy" good

8. JackitK

JackitK New Member New Member

Yeah plus they don't have a deadline to get it out before the launch of the movie or something, and a lack of time is a big killer with games like I think I've mentioned.