Pokemon Black & White Already a Hit!!

Discussion in 'Gaming News' started by FyreeTSG, Jan 17, 2011.

1. FyreeTSG

FyreeTSG New Member

Pokemon Black & White Hits a High Note

If there were any doubters as to whether or not the latest iteration of the famous Pokemon franchise for the DSi--then I hope you'll take note.

Pokemon Black & White, which were released on September 18 of last year has reached the Most impressive mark of 5 Million units sold since its launch.

This marks NOT only the 5th DS game to hit the 5 Million mark--BUT it was the FASTEST to hit 5 Million in DS History.

Granted, BOTH "Black" and "White" are counted as a Single game--just "alternate" versions--the figures are still impressive.

If this is a sign, and its undoubtedly so, the rest of the World, and those addicted to Pokemon, will be adding to those numbers in a few months when the Game(s) are released in the U.S. and Europe.

Its safe to say that the 5 Million units will atleast DOUBLE when released Worldwide.

--FyreeTSG

Source: CheatCC.com

2. Mason

Mason Well-Known Member Junior Member

Well, I've seen the date April 3 several times. I already know that I'm getting White. I wonder when gamestop will start taking preorders.

3. Samus2008

Samus2008 Active Member Junior Member

B&W launches March 4 in U.S and March 3 in Europe

4. Friik

Friik Member Junior Member

I had both copies reserved last year when I picked up Metroid: Other M.

Can't wait for their launch here.

5. Mason

Well I can't wait even though some of the pokemon are ripoffs from Diamond and Pearl pokemon. They just changed them alittle bit and their type.

6. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member New Member

Pokemon is so big, our grandkids are gonna be playing it :G
    I was looking forward to pokemon B.W :D
    but i had trade in my DSi

7. JackitK

JackitK New Member New Member

Are we really surprised though? Pokemon has always been one of the top games in the selling charts whenever a game has came around. So I don't think this alone proves that Black and White is already great, we need to see if people actually enjoy the games they bother to preorder.

Granted I feel like these game could be just what the series needed to be fresh again, but I'm just saying Pokemon has always been on the top of the selling charts so this doesn't really give us anything new to go by. :/

8. Mason

This disappoints me a little for this game. Reason being I've seen the pokemon for this game and some of them look exactly like some from diamond/pearl. The only difference is there color and type.

9. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member New Member

My brother told me that the PokeCenter and PokeMart were merged into one place.
    I said, oh thats good, that means I won't have to go running round the towns looking for the other.
    He then said "They tend to be right next to each other anyway"

10. Goku

Goku Member Junior Member

Wow, I can't wait for them to launch in the US.

11. queenzelda

queenzelda Admin: Lady Queen Junior Member

Lol of course Pokemon Black & White are a hit. Pokemon games have always been a hot commodity for Nintendo long since Pokemon Yellow hit the market & every one ate it up. So it's no surprise that Pokemon is still such a big hit even now.

Nintendo knows what they doing. ;3 All our base belong to Nintendo. xD

12. JackitK

JackitK New Member New Member

Well you do know you don't need a DSi to play Pokemon Black or White, there's just a video chat feature of the game that only works if you play it on a DSi.

Honestly I already heard about it but it's not quite enough to get me rushing into stores to get it. Pokemon has already broke me with their sell new version wait a couple years and then sell the same version with some added story and battle features. Plus Pokemon being too simlar from versions to versions has also broke my Poke'urge.

There's lots of stuff that's got me exicted about the games but it's not enough to get me to buy it right at launch. I'll still get it eventually, but I might try to wait out for the gray version or what ever they decide to call that 3rd version they release with the same game but with a couple added on stuff.

13. Mason

Well the triple battles should be interesting.

14. sexycakes14

sexycakes14 Active Member Junior Member

I never got a chance to get it T-T but i'll get it one day