Super Mario Allstars--Rebirth?

Discussion in 'Gaming News' started by FyreeTSG, Jan 18, 2011.

1. FyreeTSG

FyreeTSG New Member

SUPER MARIO ALLSTARS MAY BE GETTING A 3RD LIFE​

According to a report on Wired.com--sources at Nintendo say that the company may be considering re-printing MORE copies of the Quickly-Sold-Out Wii version of "Super Mario Allstars", the SNES Classic compilation of the Original NES "Super Mario Bros" games.

Nintendo Public Relations director, Marc Franklin, was quoted via an email to Wired.com as saying:
    To those NOT following the Video Game Industry the past few months--"Super Mario Allstars" for Wii not only included a re-port of the SNES Classic game of the same name, but a "History of Mario" Booklet, and a Mario Soundtrack CD, featuring the theme music from the Mario series all the way from "Super Mario Bros" to "Super Mario Galaxy 2"--and retailed for $29.99.

Since its more-than-likely COMPLETELY sold-out it stores, over a month since it's release, it's likely to be only found on Ebay, or another online retailer for 2-3 times its original price.

If Nintendo DOES decide to re-release "SMASWii" then I'm sure it'd be open with welcome arms by the majority of Wii owners.

--FyreeTSG

Source: Wired.com

--Personally, as one who still owns his SNES, and the original "Allstars" Cart--I'm fine w/ out the Wii version...but I do want the CD Soundtrack.

2. Friik

Friik Member Junior Member

Same here.
    Would like to get my hands on the soundtrack and booklet.
    Not so much the game as I still have the SNES cartridge.

Question is, will I get one before it's sold out?

3. Mason

Mason Well-Known Member Junior Member

I would like to get it because I don't even have a SNES muchless the original Super Mario All-Stars.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member New Member

I have never liked Mario much.
    He seems so over-rated :G

But I did like the very first ones.
    It's the newer ones dislike most. :G

5. FyreeTSG

FyreeTSG New Member

yeah--i'm more a fan of the ORIGINAL Super Mario games too...

and I'm glad decided to release "Allstars" for Wii--after ALL those years...

I still remember people desperately wanting Nintendo to release it for Virtual Console

6. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member New Member

I don't know why I don't like these recent ones.
    I guess Mario just doesn't look right to me in 3D ish material.
    For someone who was raised on a 2D Pixel Mario, a 3D one is a bit weird.
    Same with Sonic.

I was raised on Mario and Sonic :G

7. JackitK

JackitK New Member New Member

From what I've heard about it though Super Mario Allstars as a game isn't really that special though...

They just ported the game and didn't even bother to change the NES controller to a Wii controller to avoid confusing the players. There was even a port that came before it that included Super Mario World.

So your pretty much expecting me to pay full retail price for a Virtual Console Game on a disk with some books and a soundtrack? Maybe that works for someone else but not me. :mad1:

Not saying its bad it's just strictly for collectors only so I'll be staying away from it. It would of been nicer to release it on Virtual consoles so I didn't have to pay 30 bucks to have it, plus everyone would be able to buy it not just a bunch a people who were lucky enough to stumble apond it because it's "Limited Edition"

8. FyreeTSG

FyreeTSG New Member

AGAIN--the MAIN reason Nintendo decided to release it in the first place back in December was because of the 25th Anniversary of the Original SUPER MARIO BROS on NES...
    Besides, it was probably easier to make it into a Wii Retail game than have a HUGE DL'able game like the SNES version on Virtual Console.

The Individual games, (SMB, SMB2, SMB3, SMB:LL) would be 2100 pts if DL'ed--(which i have all 4 of on my Wii)--but still, I like the Wii retail version better--cause it IS SNES graphics.

And maybe if I didn't still have my SNES cart of "Allstars", then I'd have more incentive to want it.

But I am glad they're considering to re-release it....

9. Mason

Mason Well-Known Member Junior Member

I don't like many of the new Mario games because they're mostly just sports games.