"Wii" Action Replay?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii' started by FyreeTSG, Feb 6, 2011.

1. FyreeTSG

FyreeTSG New Member

Alot of people out there have probably heard that there IS an actual "ACTION REPLAY" for Wii...

Well, there isn't.

There WAS one that was due to come out back in August of 2007, but Datel(the company that makes "Replay"), haulted the project when the FIRST Wii System Update(designed to NULLIFY Hacks/Mods/Homebrew'ers) hit in July 2007.

This not only nullified Illegal modifications, etc--but it ALSO made it so the OLD Action Replay for Gamecube didn't work on Wii, for those playing GC games on it.

Here's the OLD one--some of you may still own:
    [​IMG]

Luckily Datel DID make one Final "Replay" for GC games--that DID work on Wii

This is the NEW--Wii Compatible Gamecube AR:
    [​IMG]

This, I think, was where ALOT of people got confused...
    It was marketed on alot of Websites as the "Wii Action Replay"--but it's not.

The NEW "Replay" is fully-updated through "Twlight Princess" for GC--but unlike previous AR's, you can't add new codes.

If you happen to do a search online for a "Wii Action Replay", you'll more than likely come up with an old Ad for the one Datel cancelled in 2007.

2. Mason

Mason Well-Known Member Junior Member

RE: Wii Action Replay

If you can't add new codes for it how do you use it for Wii games.

3. TopherD05

TopherD05 New Member New Member

I can remember having the action replay for game cube although i can't remember which version. Although what i really miss is the game shark for Nintendo 64..that was the best :cool: lol

4. Mason

Mason Well-Known Member Junior Member

I wouldn't want it as much as I would've if it would've worked for the wii games.